Monday 30 July 2012

Quiet week of quiet

Last week was hectic, hence not posting on Thursday.  I applied for all four positions except for the reserves worker job -- I mixed up the due days, sadly.  Having said that, it was a really long shot that one.  Fingers crossed for the other ones though.  Nothing heard back yet, but it's not even been a week for some of them.

Outside of that, I've been leatherworking like a beast.  Not only have I completed two scabbards, I've almost completed a clutch purse, as well as cutting, dying and mostly stitching a pair of bracers.  I've also cut and designed another pair of bracers and a pair of greaves, along with spending all of last Tuesday cutting out my designs from the engraved metal blocks I got from Leprevo.  Hard work, but totally worth it.  So, here's the desk of stuff...


And that's not even everything for the moot... still, looking good!

Thursday was a day IKEA and I finally got a new phone.  No, no.  You don't understand.  I bought my last phone seven years ago.  Yes, it still works.  I normally don't get rid of things until they are past broken, however... you have to admit that smartphones are awesome.  I took the above picture with it.  That's how awesome they are.

No jobs to apply for this week, so far, sadly.  But I'm keeping that eye out.  I've also not heard back from any of the volunteer places.  I think I'll follow up on Monday and see what the craic is.  After all, it is that time of the year, so it's worth making sure that you've not been forgotten -- after a decent amount of time, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good there. Some lovely stuff as always.

    Glad to see you sticking at the job applications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hun. Just keep swimming ;)

    ReplyDelete